What it's all about
Journalism In Color brings to light the experiences and work of people of color contributing to the field, sharing who we are as individuals and how we have and continue to make an impact in media.
Sharing the stories of the diverse communities that make up our world and the issues that matter to them require storytellers that reflect those communities. There have been one too many newsrooms and media spaces that have little to no inclusion of people of color at any level of producing these stories. As part of the already existing voices of challenging newsrooms to do better, JIC comes as an even deeper reminder that journalists of color have been creating and sharing content that have made rooted impacts all over the world.
Some of the things we will be working on:
- Providing profiles of journalists of color from around the world.
- Looking into the historical impacts people of color have made in the field.
- Producing multimedia storytelling of journalists of color, established, up and coming, and retired alike.
- Providing space to discuss the issues that affect our POC communities in the field.
- Collaborating with POC journalists and creatives to responsibly provide the many diverse perspectives of POC communities in journalism.
©2018 JOURNALISM IN COLOR